Monday 9 June 2008

Foo Fighters - Grohl Denies Writing Letter To Metallica

LATEST: FOO FIGHTERS frontman DAVE GROHL has denied writing an open letter to METALLICA begging them not to release their new album until its ready.

The drummer-turned-singer was reported to have penned a public note to the rockers asking them not to rush their new LP - which is due for release later this year (08) after a five year absence from the charts.

Grohl reportedly wrote, "Hey, it's Dave! Remember me? I'm the guy that's been listening to your band faithfully since 1983. I can't wait to hear the new s**t, and no matter what you guys do I'll always be first one at the shop waiting to hear it."

But Grohl has denied ever writing the letter, insisting the story was exaggerated by a journalist.

He writes on the Foo Fighters' official website, "Just wanted to write a quick note to clear up this whole "Open letter to Metallica" fiasco...... For the record, I never "wrote" anything to Metallica.

"I was asked by a journalist to give a quick message to Metallica in the studio. So, I rattled that quote off the top of my head. No biggie, right?

"Somehow it became my 'open letter' to the band, and now it's been picked up by everyone (as if anyone really cares!). Now, it's true that I've been a loyal fan of this band, and I can't wait to hear the new s**t, but an 'open letter' to the band?!!?? Nah. Not my style. I'd rather just text 'em..."




See Also